It may be easy to hire a contractor when you need to repaint your home, however, this can also be an expensive option.
It is not always necessary to use a professional, especially for something like painting walls.
Undertaking some home improvements yourself can not only save you money, but it can also give you a great sense of satisfaction.
Start by getting all the right tools, such as the best paint roller – as demonstrated by our list – and the task can prove to be easier than expected.
Top 10 Paint Rollers
|1. Stanley PTST03508 Premium Paint Kit, 8-Piece||9 inches||$||4.5|
|2. Shur-Line 8500 One Coater Paint Kit, 9-Piece||9 inches||$$||4.1|
|3. Wagner 0530010 Smart Side Kick Power Roller||9 inches||$$$$||3.9|
|4. Shur-Line 3700C 4-Inch Foam Mini Roller with 12-Inch Handle||4 inches||$||3.7|
|5. Wagner 0530004 Smart Flow Roller||9 inches||$$$||3.7|
|6. HomeRight C800952.M Paint Stick EZ-Twist Paint Roller Applicator||11 inches||$$||3.1|
|7. DUSICHIN DUS-133 Paint Roller Cover Power Paint Sprayer||9 inches||$$$||4.2|
|8. Wagner Spraytech HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist||64 inches||$$||3.9|
|9. Bates Paint Brush, Paint Tray, Roller Paint Brush||9 inches||$||4.6|
|10. HI TECH Paint Tray Kit with Deep Well||9 inches||$$||4.6|
Features of a Paint Roller
Not sure what to look for when you’re searching for a roller?
These tips will help steer you in the right direction.
- Fabric. The fabric from which the roller is made is an important consideration as this will dictate the end result and how smooth the paint goes on. Different effects are created by using different types, such as foam or cotton. Different types of roller material will be suited to different types of paint.
- Length. Rollers will be available in different lengths with the right one being chosen in accordance with the size of the surface area. Accordingly, a small roller will not be useful for a large surface area as it will take too long to complete the task.
- Tray. A tray into which paint can be poured is necessary when using a paint roller. If one comes with the roller, it will ensure that it is a suitable size as it will fit properly.
- Ability. If you are seeking a really easy way to apply paint using a roller, you may find that there are versions available that allow the paint to be poured into the roller itself so that there is no need to load it by returning it to the tray. The paint will dispense automatically when the roller is applied to the wall.
- Ergonomic Grip. Being able to hold the roller comfortably will play a part in how easy it is to apply the paint to the surface being painted, so check whether it comprises an appropriate grip or is ergonomically designed. It also needs to correspond well to the size of your hands and be able to be used by your dominant hand.
Top 3 Best Paint Roller Reviews
The Stanley PTST03508 is a kit that contains a roller, so it offers an added bonus of a number of other useful accessories for DIY decorating.
There is a roller frame and two polyester rollers that are easy to fit into place.
A metal tray makes up part of the kit so it is not necessary to buy a separate one, and it comes with a clear plastic liner.
The rollers are made from polyester and are capable of creating a smooth to semi-smooth finish.
The roller frame has a five-wire design that holds the roller securely and operates to a high standard without any issue.
They are 9″ long and 3″ wide, which allow for a large surface area to be painted quickly.
The Stanley PTST03508 is a kit that contains the best paint roller as the qualities make it easy to use.
The nap rollers contained with the Shur-Line 8500 come with seven other items to make for a kit that provides all you need to immediately get started with decorating.
They are 9″ long and have a four-wire frame. There are two rollers and one wireframe so they can be interchanged to allow one to be used whilst the other is being cleaned.
The frame is strong and feels capable of lasting for a long time.
It is adjustable in that it can be attached to an 11″ extension pole that is included as part of the kit to make it easy to paint ceilings and high points on the wall.
The Shur-Line 8500 is a versatile roller that can be used by any decorator.
The Wagner 0530010 roller is a ‘smart’ one as it is a step above your average manual variety of roller.
It makes it possible to continuously paint without needing to return to the tray so that a whole room can be painted. It is able to achieve this by being attached to any container from 1 – 5 gallons and will continue to work by drawing up the paint into its recess.
It is extendable, so it is suitable for painting high points and ceilings.
It is easy to clean and can be readied for when it is next required.
The Wagner 0530010 roller is ideal for those who want an advanced roller.