If you’ve ever tried to clear tall grass, thick underbrush, or even small trees from your property, you understand that a simple trimmer is never going to do the job right. No, for that you need the best brush cutter you can get your hands on. Their heavy-duty engines and strong blades make quick work of even the thickest brush.
However, choosing the right cutter for your skill level and clearing requirements can be a daunting task, which is why this article is here for you!
In it, you’ll learn everything to look for in a brush cutter and will even get an in-depth review of some of the top cutters on the market today.
Top 10 Brush Cutters Comparison Table
|Picture||Name||Engine Size||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Remington RM2700 Ranchero 27cc 2-Cycle Brushcutter||27 cc||$$||4.1|
|2. Husqvarna 336FR 966604702 Bike Handle Pro Brushcutter with Line/Brush and Saw Blade, 34.6 cc||34.6 cc||$$$$||4.4|
|3. TIMBERPRO 52cc Heavy Duty Split Strimmer and Brush Cutter with 3 Blades||52 cc||$||3.7|
|4. Honda HHT25SLTAT Honda Trimmers/Brush Cutters||25 cc||$$$||3.9|
|5. Troy-Bilt TB42 BC 27cc 2-Cycle Gas Brushcutter with JumpStart Technology||27 cc||$$||3.9|
|6. Husqvarna 128LD 17" Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer||28 cc||$||4.6|
|7. Poulan Pro PP28RJ 28cc Straight Shaft Brush Cutter with J-Handle, 8"||28 cc||$||3.4|
|8. Poulan Pro 967105501 25cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft Trimmer/Brushcutter Combo||25 cc||$$||3.4|
|9. SHIMAHA 26CC Gas Brush Cutter/Trimmer with Shoulder Strap, Red||26 cc||$||3.8|
|10. Blue Max 52623 Extreme Duty 2-Cycle Dual Line Trimmer and Brush Cutter, 42.7cc||42.7 cc||$||3.7|
When you are looking for the best brush cutter, there are several key details that you’ll want to keep in mind before you make your final purchase.
- Engine Size. To put it simply, the bigger the engine, the more power you’ll have to cut through all the brush on your property. However, a larger engine will also be more costly to operate, as it will take more fuel to run than a smaller engine would.
- Fuel Type. Will the cutter need to run with its gas and oil in separate compartments, or must you create a gas oil mix for the motor to run properly? Also, what kind of fuel will it run on? Can you get by with simple unleaded, or will you need a higher octane? If you aren’t careful, you could spend a pretty penny on the fuel for your cutter.
- Blade Size. You can get many blades for each different cutter on the market. Each different blade type and size have different distinct functions, so be sure that you have the blades necessary for your particular job to succeed.
- Detachable Head. Many of the brush cutters available nowadays have a detachable head, which allows them to be converted to a regular old trimmer/weed whacker. This could help to increase the value of your cutter, as you’ll most likely only need the brush cutter function every once in a while, while the trimmer can be used almost daily in the warmer months.
- Handle Type. The type of handle that you use on your cutter will be up to your personal preference. Some people prefer a straight shaft, while others like a curved one. Still, others might like to have bicycle type handles. It is best to see which of these setups feels best for you personally and go with that one.
Top 3 Best Brush Cutter Reviews
If you are looking to get the very best brush cutter available, you can’t do much better than the Ranchero by Remington. Its straight shaft and eight-inch wide cutting radius make it the perfect tool for clearing away all of that unsightly and unwanted underbrush on your property.
The Ranchero utilizes a powerful 27cc engine to deliver plenty of cutting power without wasting a ton of fuel each time you run it. It also will start up super easily for you every time. This fuel efficiency is not the only value that this cutter has to offer, however.
It can also be transformed (with the proper attachments, which are sold separately) into a trimmer, leaf blower, and more.
Summary: The Ranchero by Remington is a high-quality brush cutter that is easy to handle and powerful. It can also be transformed into other essential yard equipment with the proper attachments.
Husqvarna has long been synonymous with quality yard equipment, and this brush cutter is no exception. Not only does it provide plenty of cutting power with its 34 cc engine, but it also boasts a surprisingly good fuel economy as well, which is a nice money saver.
Probably the best feature of this brush cutter, however, is the handle, which is very similar to what you see on a bicycle. It allows you to use the cutter with two hands, which provides you with a high level of control when you are clearing your property.
Summary: This brush cutter from Husqvarna has a powerful, fuel-efficient engine. It is also really easy to control and comfortable to use thanks to its unique bicycle handle.
The first thing that jumps out at you when you look into the TIMBERPRO brush cutter is the size of the engine. It has a 52 cc engine, which is extremely powerful and will enable you to cut through even the thickest of the thick brush with relative ease.
This extra power does, however, come at the cost of fuel efficiency since this cutter is a bit of a gas guzzler.
This heavy-duty brush cutter is easy to handle thanks to the v-shaped handlebars and shoulder straps. Thanks to these two features, you’ll be able to cut brush all day and barely feel the weight of the tool at all.
Summary: This trimmer features an extremely powerful engine, which will cut through the brush easily. The downside to this is that it will use more gas than other trimmers on the market. Though this is a heavy-duty and powerful cutter, it is easy to handle thanks to the shoulder harness and handlebars.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Brush Cutter to Buy?
The best brush cutter will depend on what do you need it for. If you’re looking for a brush cutter that can take on large woods, then we suggest a gas-powered model with an engine larger than 45cc. A good example would be the TIMBERPRO Split Strimmer and Brush Cutter which has a 52cc engine.
That being said, if you are looking for a brush cutter that gives you a high level of control, then we suggest the Husqvarna 336FR Bike Handle Pro Brushcutter.
Can a Brush Cutter Cut Grass?
Yes, a brush cutter can cut grass and weeds. A brush cutter is much more powerful than a string trimmer. It can even cut down a small tree.
Are Brush Cutters Dangerous?
Brush cutters can cause serious injuries if used improperly. Wear eye protection when using brush cutters. They can cause rocks to fly in the air.
Can You Use a Brush Cutter in the Rain?
Unfortunately, brush cutters don’t work when wet. The blades are designed to be used with dry material.
As soon as you strike something that is moist or even slightly damp, the friction of the cutting wheel grinding against it will create heat and cause your engine to overheat. It’s not a good idea to use a brush cutter in the rain.